Thursday 2 April 2009

Unemployment

First of all, let me apoligise about the lack of blog posts recently. Things have been pretty busy me me over the past few weeks. I finished my job on Tuesday so I am now officially unemployed!

Started looking for work on Monday afternoon and had my first interview yesterday. I've also looking at a few other positions so hopefully it will not be too long until I am back working again.

It was very strange leaving the company that I've worked at since I was 20 (nearly 11 whole years!) and finding myself back in the job market. I had many kind wishes during my farewell tour of the company and the same on my leaving card. It's good to know that the work I've done over the years was appreciated and I've made many good friends which I will definitely keep in contact with. I also received a generous collection from the remaining staff at the company which I have already spent, putting it towards a Samsung NC10 Netbook with an extra 2GB of RAM!!

No comments: